Xổ số thứ tư hàng tuầnModern slavery is the recruitment, movement, harbouring or receiving of children, women or men through the use of force, coercion, abuse of vulnerability, deception or other means for the purpose of exploitation.
Xổ số thứ tư hàng tuầnIndividuals may be trafficked into, out of, or within the UK. They may be trafficked for a number of reasons, including sexual exploitation, forced labour, domestic servitude and organ harvesting.
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 introduced changes in UK law which focus on increasing transparency in supply chains.
UCLH is committed to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking. We are committed to ensuring there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business and in so far as is possible, to requiring our suppliers have a similar ethos.
- Comply with legislation and regulatory requirements in this area
- Make suppliers and service providers aware that we promote the requirements of this legislation
- Consider modern slavery factors when making procurement decisions
- Develop awareness of modern slavery issues throughout UCLH
- Use NHS Terms and Conditions for Goods and Services for specification and tender documents which require suppliers to comply with all relevant legislation and guidance, including modern slavery conditions
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to take their own actions and understand their obligations under this legislation
- Ensure that modern slavery is included in safeguarding work plans
- Ensure that all staff undertake mandatory safeguarding training, and training in equality, diversity and human rights
- Ensure that procurement staff also receive regular legal briefings and appropriate training so that they are aware of legislative requirements in this area.